My Photo
Name:
Location: CA, United States

Hello, my name is Alissa. I have had the dream to be a successful actor from the age of five. I started acting when I was seven. I was born and raised in SLC, UT. I am the youngest of six and the first to graduate from college and move away from home. I got my degree from Westminster college in Arts Administration with a theatre minor and focus at the age of twenty. Now living in LA pursuing my life long aspiration, acting.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

For Your Safety!

We have officially finished and submitted one of our short films to a film festival! We have been working with a great friend and writer to film one of her shorts to get us all more exposure. Gabe and I picked one of her 4 page scripts (which is off beat, quirky, and hilarious) to film. It is also important to note that we have a distributor for the film!

We got everything together, found a location, a costume for me (very specific costume required as you can see in the picture!), and got everyone necessary on board. Filming didn't take too long once we were all set to go. The first night only took us about 3 hours to film, and then the second time when we did pick up shots only took about an hour. The film in its completed form is around 3 minutes and 30 seconds.





What a fun part to play! My character, Cindy, is a flight attendant who just doesn't know when to stop being at work... which leads to an interesting night with the random frat boy she brought home. I love getting to play characters that are quirky. They allow me to really finess my comedic timing! Every time I watch it she makes me laugh because she is so looney.

After filming we had to edit, sound edit, color correct, get a soundtrack, and get a logo for the title cards. We accomplished all of this in a matter of about 1 1/2 months from conception to completion. That is one of the things I love about how Gabe and I work together on projects. We follow through. We had a deadline of Nov. 30th for the first festival submission the distributor was sending it to, and we got it completed, and completed well, in that time.

Gabe and I refuse to sit around and wait for someone to give us our chance. We will build our own bridge there. This marks the second short film we have completed this year, and we are currently working on the third, which will be finished by the end of the year. Whether by traditional methods or by building our own path we will succeed, because success is the only option we have allowed ourselves. So watch out world, we will be taking over your tv and film screens soon enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home